This child visitation agreement entered into on this _________ day of ________ BETWEEN
ABC, hereafter referred to as ‘the Mother’ or ‘Custodial Parent’ of __________________, hereafter referred to as ‘the Child’, both residing at __________________________________
XYZ, father of ________________, residing at _______________, hereafter referred to as ‘the Father’ or ‘Non-custodial Parent’ of the abovementioned Child.
Both, the mother and father, hereafter referred to as ‘the Parents’, agree to set forth in writing the terms and conditions of visitation rights of the father in this Child Visitation Agreement.
1. The Father shall have access and visitation rights with the Child on alternate weekends i.e. from Friday 5:00 pm to 5:00 pm on Sunday. The visitation rights shall commence from Friday _____________________.
2. In this child visitation agreement the Mother agrees to extend his visitation rights in the event of a legal holiday falling over a long weekend. The father’s visitation rights will extend from 5:00 pm of beginning of the three-day weekend until 5:00 pm on Sunday or Monday, depending on the last day of the holidays. Other legal holidays that may fall on a Tuesday or Wednesday may be alternated between the parents.
3. The Child shall be with the mother on her birthday and on Mother’s Day. Subsequently, the Child will be with the father on his birthday and on Father’s Day for a reasonable period of time as long as it does not interfere with school hours or bedtime.
4. The birthday of the Child shall be alternated, with the father having visitation rights on the Child’s first birthday following this agreement. Visitation rights will be at a reasonable time that shall not interfere with school hours or bedtime.
5. According to child visitation agreements the father shall have visitation rights for one-half of the Christmas school holiday every year. Every year the parents shall alternate the schedule between the first and second half of the Christmas school holidays. During the Easter school holiday, the parents will follow a similar schedule.
6. Thanksgiving holiday weekends shall be alternated by the parents with the non-custodial parent enjoying visitation rights in even-numbered years, and the custodial parent in odd-numbered years. The visitation rights shall commence from 6:00 pm on Wednesday and continue until Sunday 6:00 pm.
7. As per child visitation agreements in order for each parent to spend enough vacation time with the Child and make a suitable schedule for travel and other activities, the parents shall select a period of ____ consecutive days during the summer vacation. Each parent must inform the other of his or her schedule no later than the end of April every year.
8. The non-custodial parent shall spend as much time with the Child as possible and agrees not to leave the Child in the custody of other people or any environment, other than a homely environment.
9. Both parents undertake to avoid arranging any activities that can interfere with the schedules of the other parent set forth in this child visitation agreement.
10. The non-custodial parent shall inform the custodial parent in the event of any unforeseen circumstances that may prevent him from exercising his visitation rights during the year.
11. If the non-custodial parent fails to arrive at the times specified in the child visitation agreement, the custodial parent will only wait for one hour and will consider the visitation cancelled unless prior intimation is provided by the non-custodial parent. Failure to do so on two consecutive occasions within a period of 90 days without notice, all visitation will stop until (1) a Court Order to restore visitation rights, or (2) the non-custodial parent intimates the custodial parent through a written notification sent by registered mail, requesting his desire to resume visitations from a specified date.
12. In emergencies, both parents are authorized to take any steps in order to protect the health and welfare of the Child.
13. In accordance with child visitation agreements, each parent shall intimate the other of any change in his/her residential address, telephone numbers including workplace and home, the Child’s school details, and of any change of location that may occur for more than four days during the year. The information is strictly for the purpose of the Child’s safety and shall not be used as a medium to invade on the other’s privacy.
14. Both parents agree to cooperate fully with the terms and conditions set forth in this Child Visitation Agreement. Each parent hereby agrees to set aside any personal feelings and maintain a level of tolerance and harmony for the welfare of the Child, even though he/she may consider the other parent as being less considerate or reasonable. Love and affection for the Child shall be the primary objective of both parents who must understand the need to share it between them in the Child’s best interest.
15. Neither parent shall say anything of a derogatory nature against the other in the presence of the Child. Both parents hereby agree to refrain from making statements that may tend to dissuade the Child from spending time with the other parent.
16. This Child Visitation Agreement is binding on both parents and supersedes any other oral or written child visitation agreements.
17. Both parents hereby declare that they have understood the terms and conditions of this child visitation agreement of their own free will.
Signature (Custodial Parent)
Signature (Non-Custodial Parent)